RE: integrate a special link

Subject: RE: integrate a special link
From: "Hunter, David" <dhunter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:53:04 -0400
I get the impression that Microsoft is very committed to complying with the
XML/XSL standards, BUT, they aren't interested in releasing beta releases of
MSXML with every XSL draft.  They would rather wait until XSL becomes
finalized, and then release a version which complies with the standard 100%.
I think we can all bank on them having Microsoft-specific extensions built
in, but I also think that they will be totally compatible with the standard
as written.

I have no Microsoft "inside sources", so this is all just conjecture, but I
wouldn't expect any more releases of MSXML until the draft is finalized.
Unless IE6 or an IE5 service pack gets released before the draft is
finalized, in which case maybe they'll have a new version, which is
compatible with the latest spec at the time.