ANNOUNCE: InDelv XML/XSL Client

Subject: ANNOUNCE: InDelv XML/XSL Client
From: Rob Brown <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:13:17 -0600
Hello to everyone.

I am pleased to announce the availability of the InDelv XML Client v
0.4. This is an upgrade to our previously released XML Browser, however
it has been renamed as a 'Client' to reflect the fact that it now
contains both an XML/XSL browser and an XML/XSL editor.

The browser is available free for all uses. The editor comes packaged
with the browser as a demo, which can later be upgraded to a full
commercial version. This is a 100% Java application.

For more information and links to download, please visit
http://www.indelv.com.

This version includes some major upgrades, including comprehensive
support for XPath, XSLT and XPointer. Support for XSL formatting has
been upgraded to the April 21 XSL draft.

To my knowledge, this is the first 'native' XSL browser &/or editor
meaning that no filtering is required to and from HTML. As a result,
many of the features are essentially prototypes - it's hard to say a
given feature should or should not behave a certain way, because there
is little else to compare it to. XSL has provided options that simply
were not available with previous style formats. Hopefully some of the
subscribers to this list will find it useful and be willing to share
their experience and ideas.

I'll be happy to respond to posts to this list and/or to direct emails
from interested parties.

Rob Brown
InDelv Inc.
www.indelv.com