Re: help with numbering (xsl:number)

Subject: Re: help with numbering (xsl:number)
From: Steve Tinney <stinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:33:19 -0500
Jerry Ventura wrote:

> I've come across an example of how to use xsl:number - but I'm having a
> problem with it. Can someone take a look at this xsl and tell me what I may
> be doing wrong:

Your question is well-put, except that it lacks details on
the processor (and its version) in use.

When I process your sample files with Saxon 5.1, correcting
the xsl:stylesheet to add version="1.0", and requesting HTML
with:

  <xsl:output method="html"/>

I get what appears to be the correct result:

    <TR>
        <TH>Number</TH>
        <TH>text</TH>
    </TR>