RE: generate-id for copy

Subject: RE: generate-id for copy
From: Damian Pooley <damianp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:21:43 +1100
lost&bored

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Rahtz
[mailto:sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2000 8:22 AM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Andrew Wason writes:
 > I want to copy a node in my source multiple times and assign each copy a
 > unique id attribute.

 > 		<xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="duplicate-node"/>
 > 		<xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="duplicate-node"/>
 > 		<xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="duplicate-node"/>
 > 		<xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="duplicate-node"/>

recursion. call a named template with a parameter of 1; in the
template, do your copy (annotated with the parameter), add 1 to the
parameter, and use it as the parameter for another call of the same
template. back out when the parameter is > 4.

then again, the XT/Saxon node-set extension could also be used - make
your copies into an RTF, convert it to a node set, and iterate over it
and look at generate-id() --- I bet you get unique values.

Sebastian