Re: how to include an ampersand in an html href using xt and xsl?

Subject: Re: how to include an ampersand in an html href using xt and xsl?
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:43:37 +0100
John,

I wasn't aware of this before you've asked and I have been rather
suspicious first as well...

There shouldn't be any impact on the servers at least for recent
releases of browsers : I have done a quick test with both Netscape 4.7
and IE 5.0 and it looks like they translate the URI before sending it to
the server.

I have **not** tested with old releases or other browsers, but, after
all, we may not have to to post process our generated files !

I have also tested the notation with ";" instead of "&", which is not
translated by the browsers and my Apache 1.3.9 (which is the latest
available release of Apache) doesn't understand it.

My 0,02 euros.

Eric