Parameters to stylesheets in the browser

Subject: Parameters to stylesheets in the browser
From: "Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:44:38 -0500
I'm using top level XSL parameters at the server currently. Sooner or
latter, Microsoft is going to release an XSLT compatible engine for IE5.
(Jan 26, http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/xml/general/msxmlprev.asp) I
would like to send my XML and XSL to the browser and have it do the
transformation.

How do I set the stylesheet parameters? Via the xml-stylesheet PI?, maybe
something like:
<?xml-stylesheet href="calStyle/month.xsl?param1=xxx&param2=yyy"
type="text/xsl" ?>

This isn't addressed in: http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/. The XSLT spec
says: XSLT does not define the mechanism by which parameters are passed to
the stylesheet.

I hope the answer doesn't involve messy scripting.
Shouldn't there be a spec for this, or is there one and I can't find it?

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx