RE: XSL Processors

Subject: RE: XSL Processors
From: Ben Robb <Ben@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:49:17 -0000
The Microsoft version of XSL is completely out of date, to the point of
being a completely different language to current XSL. It is running on the
Dec. 1998 Working Draft of XSL; there have been about 4 since then. I've
heard, though, that they are releasing another version in the next couple of
days - so you could wait for that to come out... alternatively, you can
access the msxml dll from any machine with IE5 installed - it comes as
default (look at your WinNT\system32 dir if you are running NT, and find
"msxml.dll")

However, you should consider one of the other parsers out there - XT, Xalon
etc - do a search on the archive to find threads commenting about their pros
and cons. Bear in mind that MS will, even after this release, be at least 3
months behind the mainstream parsers...

Ben