Re: disable-output-escaping

Subject: Re: disable-output-escaping
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 02:11:50 GMT
> The HTML tags are just ignored when they stand alone inside an element
> (at

The elements are not ignored, they have the default template applied to
them which does nothing with the element, and recurses on the content,
which means, in the end you just get the character data.
You want to write an identity transform for these cases, the code for
which is in the xsl specification. or maybe its simpler than that
(see below)

> The problem is that I want to have, as an XML-element, a large HTML file
> that will be properly rendered upon the <xsl:value-of> call.

xsl:value-of just gives you the character data you want the structure
which is xsl:copy-of so just make the template for your essay element
call xsl:copy-of select="."

David