Reusing XT instances

Subject: Reusing XT instances
From: "Robert Streich" <rstreich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:22:23 -0800
Does anyone have any experience with reusing an XT object
(XSLProcessorImpl)?

In looking through James' code, it's mixed. In com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver, he
reuses the object. But in com.jclark.xsl.sax.XSLServlet, he clones a new
instance every execution (including creating a new parser).

If possible, I'd like to reduce the creation and destruction of a bunch of
objects for lots of pretty short transformations. On the other hand, I'd like
to be safe (that is without looking through all to code to look for the
possibility of retained states).

Any thoughts or experiences on the subject?

thanks,

bob

Robert Streich
Calico Commerce