Re: XSL-fo

Subject: Re: XSL-fo
From: "Nikolai Grigoriev" <grig@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 00:12:55 +0300
Jon Smirl wrote:

>In the 1/12/2000 XSL-WD table elements like table-row,
>table-column, table-cell, etc. can't carry the Common Font
>Property group.

Attribute lists for a formatting object enumerate only properties
that are_directly used_ in defining traits for areas influenced by
this formatting object. Font properties are used in formatting fo:block
children of fo:table-cells, rather than formatting fo:table-* elements
themselves. Nevertheless, you *can* specify them on table elements,
according to XSL-WD 5.2: "The inheritable properties can be
placed on any formatting object".

(There's a slight contradiction in my reasoning. As far as every length
may be expressed in ems, font-size is _always_ directly used in
formatting any object. But it doesn't change the conclusion.)

Regards,

Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX