Re: The most important question and the reason why we are all here

Subject: Re: The most important question and the reason why we are all here
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:59:51 -0800
| >  Some columns may contain NULL.  [how] do I test for NULL character since
| > it isn't a valid character in XML world?
|
| well how does the character appear in the XML version of your SQL query
| result? It must be encoded a XML somehow.

If you're using the Oracle XML SQL Utility, then by
default NULL columns are *left out* of the result.

You can call the method setNullIndicator(true) to
have it *instead* emit

    <SOMETHING NULL="Y"/>

as opposed to *not* emitting an element for the SOMETHING column.

Other SQL-to-XML layers may have similar settings to check.

Business Components for Java Dev't Team, Oracle Corporation