Re: following-sibling

Subject: Re: following-sibling
From: "Carole E. Mah" <carole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:42:38 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Steve Tinney wrote:

> > However, I have found that this is not the case -- XT/SAXON seem to
> > to think that the text() following-siblings are not actually siblings.
>
> It's difficult to tell without a clear example of your XSL, but perhaps
> you are using '*' to select the children; that would not select text()
> nodes.  Use select="*|text()" instead.

To select these specific nodes I am using
<xsl:template zmatch="body/text()">

> Alternatively (or also), are there whitespace-only text nodes getting in
> there to confuse your count?  If so, can you fix things up with
> <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>?

That is actually one of the very first things in my stylesheet.

Despite Dave's diagram of the children and siblings, I am still in the
dark here!

-carole
Carole E. Mah                Carole_Mah@xxxxxxxxx
         Senior Programmer/Analyst
  Brown University Scholarly Technology Group
            phn 401-863-2669
            fax 401-863-9313
         http://www.stg.brown.edu/
 personal: http://www.stg.brown.edu/~carolem/