Are Xalan compiled XSLT's thread-safe?

Subject: Are Xalan compiled XSLT's thread-safe?
From: Brian Dupras <briand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:07:38 -0700
We have a system where we use XSLT to transform XML data into HTML live
during page requests.  Typically, we have about 10 kinds of XSLT/XML
combinations (around 10 XSL documents).  Each XML document is not
particularly big - less than 100 Elements each.  Each XSLT has only 2 or 3
templates.

The question is, will compiling my XSLT's improve my overall speed of HTML
generation?  Given that there's a new thread for each page request, I'm
afraid to simply use a Java "static" transform that was compiled at init.
But, is this really dangerous, or is the transform thread-safe once it's
compiled.

Brian Dupras
Centera Information Systems, Inc.
phone 303.381.4420 (direct)