Re: Future XSLT expansion.

Subject: Re: Future XSLT expansion.
From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 15:23:09 -0800
> a point worth mentioning before you rewrite your XSLT library :-)
>
> <xsl:variable name="whatever" select="document('data.xml')" />
>
> allows $whatever to be used as a Node-Set

Sounds amazing.

Because there is no typecast in the core, but because there is
one special ( we know the secret ) hack which has a built-in
typecast ( it is document() hack ) - if you want some variable to be
converted to node-set - just place that variable into separate file.

Comparing to this, perl is not a monster, of course. Perl is not
saying that you should place your variables into separate files.

Rgds.Paul.