Re: Future XSLT expansion.

Subject: Re: Future XSLT expansion.
From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:29:47 -0800
Hi Didier,

> This said, I still do not see how we can have, let's say, an RTF document
> transformed into a node set in a coherent way on all XSLT engines and for
> all text formats.

We can not and we should not. We should be capable of transforming
text  which is XML into node-set ( like document() function does ) and we
should be capable of transforming result tree fragment into node-set,
like xt:node-set() does and we can do that adding node-set() typecast.

to-node-set() could be  a good name for this typecast.

Idealy, to-string() typecast being applied to nodeset should return a string
with XML representation of the provided nodeset.

Rgds.Paul.