RE: passing parameters with spaces to saxon

Subject: RE: passing parameters with spaces to saxon
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:49:23 -0000
> Can anyone tell me how to pass parameters with spaces in the value
> to saxon via the command line. I'm using a Unix system, though that
> probably shouldn't matter.

I don't know of any way of doing it. Certainly there's nothing in Saxon to
enable it. The Java documentation is remarkably vague about the syntax of
the command line, and I don't know whether it depends on which shell you're
using. When will the industry come up with a decent job control language?

If no-one comes up with anything, you'll have to pass the thing in with an
underscore or such like, and use translate() within the stylesheet to change
it.

Mike Kay