Re: xalan following relative urls

Subject: Re: xalan following relative urls
From: Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:56:03 -0500
As far as we know, if called right, Xalan's behaviour with respect to
relative URLs should be equal to XT and Saxon.  The common mistake is not
setting the SystemID if you call Xalan with a stream or DOM tree, since
Xalan has to know what URL to be relative to!

-scott

                    Steve Tinney
                    <stinney@xxxxxxxxxxxx        To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    u>                           cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     Re: xalan following relative urls
                    owner-xsl-list@mulber
                    rytech.com

                    03/27/2000 08:16 AM
                    Please respond to
                    xsl-list

>  <xsl:import href="teihtml-param.xsl"/>
>
> should be interpreted relative to the importing stylesheet?

Should be (XSLT 2.6.2): "A relative URI is resolved relative to the base
URI of the xsl:import element".  Saxon's behaviour is what you expected
rather than what you got from Xalan.

 Steve