RE: Validating XML Document......

Subject: RE: Validating XML Document......
From: "Medina, Edward" <emedina@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:16:31 -0500
I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but

You can use attributes to require a certain entry

for example

<!ELEMENT FirstName (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST FirstName attributename	CDATA  #REQUIRED>

In the XML this would look like

<FirstName  attributename="Carl">
Carl
</FirstName>

This makes the name part of the metadata, and therefore you
would not even need an Element for FirstName, instead you could have
the attributes of Element to hold all the personal information.  This is
a benefit, because you can you a Database to populate your metadata
according to
the logon information using LDAP.  But that is something else entirely.

Eddy