RE: Converting Single XML into multiple XML Documents

Subject: RE: Converting Single XML into multiple XML Documents
From: "Harbarth, Juliane" <Juliane.Harbarth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 19:43:32 +0200
> I have a xml structure which has to be seperated into 2 or more xml
> documents.
> How do I do this ?

XT offers an extension function named 'document' to create other
documents beside the main one.
Declare   'xmlns:xt="http://www.jclark.com/xt"; '
and       'extension-element-prefixes="xt" '
in your xsl:stylesheet element and refer to the function as
<xt:document ... >
  - stuff to be printed separatly goes here -
</xt:document>

You did not tell us which processor you are using. Other
processors besides XT have their own way of supporting
extensions. I think SAXON also supports a 'document'
extension function ?
I don't know about Xalan, IE5, etc.

It might be a good idea to check the XSL-list's archive,
I vaguely recollect having read about that topic fairly
recently, scan for 'document' and/or 'extension'.

Juliane.