Re: XSL FO: scaling graphics

Subject: Re: XSL FO: scaling graphics
From: "Nikolai Grigoriev" <grig@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 00:58:58 +0400
> c) I want the graphic to occupy 80% of the width of the enclosing box:
>
>   <fo:external-graphic src="foo"  content-width="90%"/>

NO. A quote from the draft [7.12.3 "content-width"]: "If the value is a
percentage, the value of this property is the percentage applied to the
intrinsic width". You get 90% of the original width, not of the surrounding
block's. After a thorough search, I still cannot find any evident way of
achieving what you are asking for. Probably, there should be something like
content-width="0.8 * from-parent('width')", with a function that refers to the
closest block-area ancestor of the image instead of from-parent(); but I could
not find such a function in the spec. Awaiting for clarifications from somebody
of the WG ;-).

> d) I want the graphic scaled to 50% of its natural size

See c) above ;-).

Best regards,

Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX