XML slice design

Subject: XML slice design
From: Sydney <moisi_fr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 15:22:02 +0200 (CEST)
Hi

I need some help on XML design and XSL.
I have an XML file which represents text data like
paragraph, list, chapter, etc?, you can compare it at
a TEI document (see XML source at the end)

I must make HTML slice with this XML file.
First What do you advise me to delimit each slice in
my XML file.
I have choosen to delimit slice with an empty element
called pb.
Have you a better solution?

With my solution(pb empty element), I have some
problem with XSL or more precisely with selecting the
good node-set.

XML File
<note>?</note>
<pb/><!?End of my first slice-->
<qa>?</qa>
<pb/><!?End of my second slice-->
<note>?</note>
<pb/><!?End of my third slide-->

Note: There are several chapter in my XML file
Note 2: This XML file can be deeper, a part can
contain subpart(<div type="subpart">), subpart can
contain other div tag.

XSL template
<xsl:template match="div[@type='chapter']">
<xsl:for-each select="descendant::pb">
<xsl:apply-templates select="NODE-SET which
corresponds to the slice"/>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

Thanks for your help