XSL and server side includes

Subject: XSL and server side includes
From: Richard Robinson <webmaster@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 17:03:58 -0700
Hello,

I'm just now getting up to speed on XML, XSL.
I will be using it primarily (at least to begin with)
to send HTML documents to browsers.

Currently my HTML legacy documents use some
boilerplate server side include files (title.inc,
metatags_desc.inc, metatags_keywords.inc, etc).

I'm sure there must be a way to do this, but I
haven't quite wrapped my mind around it. How
with XSL and/or XML do I get boilerplate that I
can use inside other XML/XSL documents.

I have tried putting the following lines inside an XSL
rule.

<xsl:template match="/">
    <head>
    <title>My Site: <!--#include file="title.inc"--></title>
    </head>
</xsl:template>

But the resultant HTML file merely has a title
of <title>My Site</title> -- the INclude is not happening.
(Presumably because the Web server is past that
phase.)

Richard Robinson, Web Administrator
Litho Development & Research
richardr@xxxxxxx, 503-255-5800 x172
http://www.LDR.com

#1 NETWORK ONLINE CATALOG

Visit our #1 Network Online Catalog at http://www.no1network.com
with over 8000 items to choose from: film, plates, chemistry, paper,
mice, keyboards, backup devices and media. Top quality, name-brand
products at low prices.