Re: How to use compiled stylesheet with Xalan/Servlet

Subject: Re: How to use compiled stylesheet with Xalan/Servlet
From: "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:18:21 -0400
Aidan Killian <aidan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have managed to create a Servlet that uses Xalan to convert
> XML to HTML using the supplied pattern but I would really like to use
> compiled stylesheets (the equivalent of -LXCIN mystyle.lxc from the
> command line).

Aidan, this note is somewhat off-topic for the xsl-list, since this list
should be restricted to XSL specific issues, and your issues are Xalan
implementation specific.  The right place to post this note is on the
xalan-dev list.

In Xalan, you can build a Stylesheet object, which you can use over and
over, concurently in multiple threads.  The docs should be quite clear
about this.  You can also serialize this Stylesheet object to disk, but,
frankly, this doesn't work that well and isn't a win over just
re-interpreting the XSLT file.

> On another (related) subject; has anybody had problems with
> the 'id()' function when the element with the required ID also has
> a 'type' attribute.

This is not a reported bug (I can't imagine what could be happening).  If
you send sample xml and xslt either directly to me or to the Xalan dev
list, we will try and reproduce.

-scott