referencing elements inside a xml document

Subject: referencing elements inside a xml document
From: misha@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 May 100 15:25:23 +0000
Hi,
I don't know if this is strictly related to XSL, but I am trying to link two
XML documents, using XLink and then transforming the simple links into HTML <A>
elements.
The problem is, I have for example an element with an attribute of type ID, and
I want to be able to make a reference to an element with a certain id inside
the XML document.
What I've made so far: when formatting that element, an HTML <A> target element
was added ( <A NAME="id" /> ), and from the Xlink specification I've extracted
the inside pointer and added it to a HTML <A> reference (<A
HREF="file_name.xml#id"/> ). But it doesn't work, it just points to the
begining of the XML document.
If someone has some ideea how this could work, I will be mostly grateful.
I am using msxml parser.

Thanks,
Mihaela
Nadasan