RE: multilanguage support easily or including xml data dynamicall y

Subject: RE: multilanguage support easily or including xml data dynamicall y
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 17:29:18 +0100

> What does this <xsl:apply-templates...> really do? I read some
> doc about it, but I still can't grasp the concept of it. Isn't it's
> purpose to select things, such as <xsl:for-each>?

If you haven't understood xsl:apply-templates then you haven't understood
XSLT: it's rather fundamental.

It selects the set of nodes identified by the XPath expression in the select
attribute, and for each of these nodes, it looks for the "best match"
xsl:template rule to apply to that node. The "best match" is a template rule
whose match pattern matches the node, and if there are several, the one that
has the highest precedence/priority.

If there is no select attribute, it selects the children of the current
node.

Mike Kay