Extension Functions

Subject: Extension Functions
From: Allen Haws <joeshmoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 09:17:35 -0700
Listers,

First of all, Thanks for all the good information that you all post on
the List. This is my first posting, but I seem to have hit a wall.  I'm
trying to
write my own extension function.  I'm using Xalan, but the documentation
for
extension functions is next to nil; everything I've found on the list
and books has to do
with XT or Saxon. Am I barking up the wrong tree?  Does Xalan support
extension
functions?  If so is there any tricks to get them to work.

My machine is a webserver and I'm using my address/URL for the
namespace...
        xmlns:db="http://mymachine.unicon.net/~ahaws/ExtensionTest";

ExtensionTest is the name of my class. (I've added my public_html
directory to my CLASSPATH)
The static method that I call is getID and it returns a String datatype
and I make the call as follows...

<xsl:template match="question"
xmlns:db="http://mymachine.unicon.net/~ahaws/ExtensionTest";>
    <xsl:param name="fakeID"/>
    <xsl:variable name="oldID" select="@id"/>
    <some-item>
        <xsl:attribute name="ordering">
            <xsl:number level="any"/>
        </xsl:attribute>

-->     <xsl:variable name="newID" select="db:getID($fakeID, $oldID)"/>
        <si>
            <xsl:attribute name="id">
                <xsl:value-of select="$newID"/>
            </xsl:attribute>

            <comment>N/A</comment>
            <question>
                <xsl:value-of select="question/text"/>
            </question>
        </si>

    </some-item>
</xsl:template>

I hope I'm not in left field with this.
When I process my .xml and .xsl I get the error
        Call to extension function failed:
http://mymachine.unicon.net/~ahaws/ExtensionTest

Is there any help for me??

Thanks in advance,