Re: Variables and inherited attributes

Subject: Re: Variables and inherited attributes
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:52:34 +0200
Hi Patrice,

Patrice Bonhomme wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As values of global variables (constants in fact) can't be changed, i
> was wondering if there exists a generic solution to manage inherited
> attribute values.

Personally, when this is needed, I pass these values from template to
template using parameters (xsl:with-parameter works also with
xsl:apply-templates, not only with xsl:call-template).

> I think that true global variables would have been a good solution to
> handle inherited attributes (xml:lang, xml:base, etc.).

This is sometimes possible...
If your variable has a single value which you can define your variable
outside any template (even through a complex XPath expression), it will
be global (but has to have a "single" value since you won't be able to
change it.

Hope this helps.

Eric