Re: How is this part of the XSLT specification to be interpreted?

Subject: Re: How is this part of the XSLT specification to be interpreted?
From: Bart Schuller <schuller+xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 20:10:10 +0200
On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 06:33:49PM +0100, Jeni Tennison wrote:
> as the design pattern for including documentation instead.  In a previous
> email, I've pointed out that this probably isn't a good idea just in case
> some XSLT processor comes along that *does* understand the 'doc:template'
> extension element, because then the content of the xsl:fallback element
> (which is the content of the template) will not be processed, and your
> legacy stylesheet won't work.

That seems extremely unlikely, because that processor would have to act
not on the literal string 'doc:template' but on the http://doc.com
namespace, which in reality would be something more like
http://smop.org/xslt/documentation. I promise not to have any XSLT
processor interpret that, and the rest of the world has no claim on my
domain :-)

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed