Has document(string) in MSXML 3 (July preview) worked for anyone?

Subject: Has document(string) in MSXML 3 (July preview) worked for anyone?
From: sara.mitchell@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 19:51:14 -0400
Due to a change in a tool, I've just begun using the July preview
of MSXML3. I've run into a problem today that may be a bug (in MSXML or
maybe in the other tool...) and am trying to confirm whether or not
anyone else using MSXML has been successful with this.

I did check the newsgroups on MSDN first -- didn't see anything quite like
this but did see enough replies to other posts that make me think document()
is working in MSXML3.

My template is as follows:

<xsl:template match="glossary/glossptr">
<xsl:variable name="linkterm" select="@linkend"/>
<xsl:apply-templates
select="document('ebizglos.xml')/docbook/book/glossary/glossentry[@id=$linkt
erm]"/>
</xsl:template>

The second XML file, ebizglos.xml is in the same directory as
the stylesheet, which I believe is where it should work properly.
When I run this transform from XT with the same basic setup, it
works just fine. When I run it from inside my tool (XMetal)
calling MSXML 3, I get a 'cannot locate resource' error that
only goes away when I comment out the line with document().

Has anyone else out there used document() in MSXML3 with a
string argument? Or sees some other problem? Any confirmation
at this point would help (at least to convince me that I'm
not going crazy ;-)

Sara