Re: xml:include ?

Subject: Re: xml:include ?
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:40:55 -0400
At 02:03 PM 09/08/2000 -0500, Eduardo Dominguez wrote:
I want to be able to include a fixed xml file in
every other file, so that that I only have to
edit in one place and every file that includes
it reflects this change.

is this possible ?

Sure (although it's an XML, not an XSLT solution). Use an external entity reference. Define the entity in a document type declaration like this:

        <!DOCTYPE ... [
        <!ENTITY includeme SYSTEM "http://foo.bar.com/baz.xml"; >
        ]>

Where you want to "xml:include" the baz.xml document, simply insert an entity reference:

&includeme;