Re: XSLT and SVG

Subject: Re: XSLT and SVG
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:03:02 -0700
If you have the Adobe SVG plugin installed, try visiting
the following url:

http://technet.us.oracle.com/tech/xml/demo/demo1.htm

And click on the "Scalable Vector Graphics Demo" link.

Clicking on the "(Raw)" link, shows (in IE5) the raw XML
being served from the database.

Clicking on the name of the department uses an XSLT Stylesheet
that renders a dynamic SVG barchart.

The stylesheet to check out is at:

http://ws5.olab.com/xsql/demo/svg/SalChart.xsl

And you can generate a sample XML file to work with
using the URL:

http://ws5.olab.com/xsql/demo/svg/SalChart.xsql?xml-stylesheet=none

NOTE: The stylesheet uses Java extension functions to
      generate a "cool color" combination but this is
      immaterial to the working of the SVG part and could
      be easily removed to run in any XSLT engine.

BC4J & XSQL Servlet Development Teams, Oracle Rep to XSL WG
Author "Building Oracle XML Applications", O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp/