Re: Forcing String Length?

Subject: Re: Forcing String Length?
From: Stephen Zisk <szisk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:55:02 -0400 (EST)
How about:

substr (concat (<your-target-string>, ' '), 1, 10)

for blank fill, and the same with '0000000000' for zero fill. No <xsl:choose>, no extra verbiage.

My question for the day is this:

Is there away to force string length? For example, my output contains a string that must contain 10 characters but the XML source is not guaranteed to supply that number of characters.

Is there a better, shorter way than doing a long series using <xsl:choose>, testing string-length=10, string-length=9 etc and filling in the appropriate number of spaces (or 0's if it's a number)

My stylesheet HUGE because I have so many places where this must be done. It's working but I've got to find ways to trim it down.

Help!

Thanks,
Rebecca

---------- Stephen Zisk MediaBridge Technologies email: szisk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 100 Nagog Park tel: 978-795-7040 Acton, MA 01720 USA fax: 978-795-7100 http://www.mediabridge.net