Re: [xsl] Fallback from document() error

Subject: Re: [xsl] Fallback from document() error
From: Miloslav Nic <nicmila@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:56:38 +0100
It is not.

I can have:

document('foo.xml')//aaa

with foo.xml:

<bbb/>

this bit will return empty node-set but I cannot
find out that the document exists.

so
1) I must have according to the current spec:
 a processor which returns empty set not an error if encounters
non-existing file (e.g. Saxon stops processing when the file does not
exist and it is right to do it according to the spec)

2) then I must test: document('foo.xml') and if this does not return
empty-nodeset then

3) I may use document('foo.xml')//aaa

In 1.1 I will not have problems with restrictions
on result tree fragment use, so I can reuse the part from case 2)
and it will not be necessary to repeat the document() part
but still I would love to have a possibility to distinguish
empty node-set because of non-existing file from empty node-set from
non-existing element in one step