[xsl] position in a conditional for-each

Subject: [xsl] position in a conditional for-each
From: "James Piva" <james.piva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:25:37 -0500
Hi,

	I'm trying treat the last element that passes a
	condition in a for-each differently.
	Every element which passes the condition
	displays its value, and that is followed by
	a comma.  The problem is that I can't know when
	the last element to meet the condition
	has passed.I would like to omit trailing comma.

	<xsl:for-each select="COOLJEX_ATTRIBUTE">
        <xsl:if test="@key='true'">
	    <xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
	    <xsl:text> , </xsl:text>
	  </xsl:if>
	</xsl:for-each>

	The only solution I can think of is to create a
	stringBuffer which is updated each time through the
	condition, then create a substring of that for display.
	But I don't know how to create a 'local variable'.  I've
	looked at the xsl:attribute, but have not quite understood its
	functions.

	please help,

	thank you

	james