[xsl] treat a string into a variable name

Subject: [xsl] treat a string into a variable name
From: "Pouliot, Brian R." <brpouliot@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:28:06 -0500
I have some variables: $day1date, $day2date.....$day7date.  I have a
template that takes an integer argument "$n" and creates the correct
variable name.  I store the variable name like this:

<xsl:variable name="temp">$day<xsl:value-of select="$n"/>date</xsl:variable>

Now, I need to use $temp to access the actual variables.  Is this possible?
I'm having a terrible time with it!  $temp == "$day1date".  How do get the
value of the variable named by the string inside $temp?

Thanks,

Brian