[xsl] BOUNCE xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com: Admin request of type /\bremove\b/i at line 1

Subject: [xsl] BOUNCE xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com: Admin request of type /\bremove\b/i at line 1
From: owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (by way of B. Tommie Usdin)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:28:43 -0500
From Kurt.Devlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Wed Jan 10 11:52:57 2001
From: "Devlin, Kurt" <Kurt.Devlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Xsl-List (E-mail)" <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Remove PCDATA prior to a specified element
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:52:24 -0600

I need to remove some PCDATA prior to a specified element. I am rendering my
XML to HTML. In the main section I want all the information shown. In the
table of references that gets generated at the end of the document, I want
to strip certain elements and the PCDATA that appears directly before that
element.

Currently, I have templates that ignore the elements that I'm not
interested, but I'm not sure how to get to the PCDATA before this element.

I have created a simple example of what I want to do below. In this example
it would be simple to just look at the elements that I do want, but in my
real project there are too many elements that I do want. I really only want
to add a couple of templates to handle ignoring the element and its
preceding PCDATA.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Regards,
Kurt
---
Simple Example
---
DTD
<!ELEMENT book (#PCDATA | title | author | date)* >
<!ELEMENT title|author|date (#PCDATA) >

XML

HTML (main section)
<u>My Book</u>, Me, (01-01-01)