Re: [xsl] Preserving character references?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preserving character references?
From: cutlass <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:28:14 +0000
one very hack way of apparantly doing it
XML document

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="entity.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<entity>
<![CDATA[
&#32321;&#39636;&#20013;&#25991;
]]>
</entity>

XSL document

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsl:output method="xml"/>
<xsl:template match="/">

<xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="//entity"/>

</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

,jim fuller

Michael Lee wrote:

Is there a way I can preserve character references and their format (decimal
or hexadecimal) in a XML document when performing a XSLT transformation?
For example, if I have the following text in the source XML document:

&#x7E41;&#x9AD4;&#x4E2D;&#x6587;

I would like to have exactly the same thing in the output XML document:

&#x7E41;&#x9AD4;&#x4E2D;&#x6587;

I tried to perform transformations using MSXML3 (via XMLSpy) and Unicorn
XSLT Processor but both of them resolved the character references.

Also, the value of the encoding attribute in <xsl:output> of my XSLT
stylesheet was set to "UTF-8" element.  When I changed it to "ISO-8859-1",
Unicorn changed the character references into decimal form:

&#32321;&#39636;&#20013;&#25991;

Therefore, I want to know if there is any way I can force the XSLT processor
to preserve these character references and their format.  Thanks in advance!

Michael Lee mlee@xxxxxxxxxx