Re: [xsl] select="substring-before($str,"'")" !!!

Subject: Re: [xsl] select="substring-before($str,"'")" !!!
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:23:42 GMT
> This has reached the limit of my understanding of XSL.

But the FAQ has a section on this I believe.
Anyhow in your example you never need an XPath string literal that
contains both " and ' (which is good as you can't have such a thing)
If your XPath string contains ' then you can use the XPath quotes
" so you have "'". To get that into an XML attribute value you
just need to escape one or other of the quotes:

select="&quot;'&quot;"
or
select='"&apos;"'

or if belt and braces....

select="&quot;&apos;&quot;"
or
select='&quot;&apos;&quot;'

If you do ever need an XPath string containing both " and '
then you can not do it in a single Xpath string literal, you need to use
the concat() function, or a variable.

David