Re: [xsl] DOCTYPE

Subject: Re: [xsl] DOCTYPE
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:52:05 GMT

> I believe that will copy all nodes, including <!DOCTYPE>, but I just want
> to copy, not to expand it.

No. There is no node corresponding to a DOCTYPE declaration in the Xpath
tree model. Xpath (and thus XSL) has no information about which DTD was
used in the original source, and can not copy that.
You can specify th eDOCTYPE declaration you want in the output using
xsl:output, but that must be specified in the stylesheet. The stylesheet
can not copy the declaration from the source.

The DTD will  most likely be read by your XML parser (and any local DTD
subset will definite;y be read) so that any attribute value defaults and
ID declarations are known to XPath.

David