Re[2]: [xsl] Advise on xsl usage producing very complex html

Subject: Re[2]: [xsl] Advise on xsl usage producing very complex html
From: viewga <viewga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:01:08 +0200
Hello David,

The problem is that design is made by someone else (design agency) and
when I try to breath life into it I have a messed up xsl with lots of
tables etc ... which is hard to write, test, debug and in future will
be hard to manage. So I want to use some kind of ColdFusion like
templates, hiding design tricks from xsl providing functional
implementation. But thats itself a tricky way cause if in CF one can
write a template which will be used as
<cf_mytemplate param1="val1">content</cf_mytemplate>
in xsl it will be
<xsl:call-template name="mytemplate">
<xsl:with-param name="param1" select="val1"/>
<xsl:with-param name="content">Content</xsl:with-param>
</xsl:call-template>
which is far longer and less readable if compared.
So ... maybe other ideas exists ???

DC> Probably. But you'd have to give some hint about what your input looked
DC> like and what your output should look like.
Don't really understand how this can help, but ... anyway
xml :
<root>
  <!--
      Wellformed xml coming from java classes, generated from RDBMS
  -->
  <uid>viewga</uid>
  <pwd>****</uid>
  <uinfo>