From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 11:57:33 -0700 (MST)
Robert Koberg wrote:
> Sorry it was not clear... did you try the source XML and XSL in Xalan? The
> version with the bug is Xalan2, it works as expected in Xalan1.2. - you
> should be able to see the problem if you try the sample transformation I
> provided with Xalan2.
>
> The browser is IE5.
>
> There is a bug in the rendering of  this kind of XML source:
> 2.</span>
>
> This should output to the browser:
> This is line 1<br></br>This is line 2.
> -- in the font characteristics laid out in the class "test"

By XML source I assume you mean HTML source, the result of the
transformation. It is HTML that is being "output to the browser".
What you wrote above is what is what the browser will render as
an interpretation of that HTML. You still haven't said what HTML
is actually being produced by Xalan as a result of the transformation.

I tried with Xalan 2 on the command line.

With <xsl:output method="html" indent="no"/> the HTML produced by
Xalan is exactly the same as that produced by Saxon and is exactly
what I would expect to get.

With <xsl:output method="html" indent="yes"/> the HTML produced by
Xalan has some rather unpleasant whitespace added, but nothing that
should cause the behavior you describe.

I don't have Xalan 1.2 to test with, but judging by the number of
bug reports that come across this list alone, it wouldn't surprise
me if it was doing something stupid.

   - Mike