[xsl] Proper way to use XSL for HTML output?

Subject: [xsl] Proper way to use XSL for HTML output?
From: "Kevin Duffey" <kevin.duffey@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 01:58:22 -0800
Hi there,

I am curious what others are doing when creating XSL pages to transform
dynamic XML (via JSP output of well-formed tags) into HTML. I simply do
something like this:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="page">
        <xsl:for-each select="menu/link">
          <a>
            <xsl:attribute name="href">
              <xsl:value-of select="@href"/>
            </xsl:attribute>
            <xsl:attribute name="target">
              <xsl:value-of select="@target"/>
            </xsl:attribute>
            <xsl:value-of select="@name"/></a>&#160;&#160;
          </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

If I want to add more in between the <body></body>, I just do it right down
the list, as if I was doing normal HTML. I originally tried the "template"
format, where you call various templates in the main template, then define
each of those templates at the bottom of the page. I don't know which way is
best though. The way I am doing it now seems more like how HTML is usually
done (manually anyways). Is there a proper way, a "standard" way, or just do
it how I want as long as it works?

Thanks.