RE: [xsl] Converting &, >, <, ", and other odd-ball characters...

Subject: RE: [xsl] Converting &, >, <, ", and other odd-ball characters...
From: "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuffey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:49:54 -0800
Hey Mike,

Actually, what I would like to figure out is how to only allow ascii
characters that are NOT used in other programs for special things. We allow
people to copy/paste MS WORD document text into our site. Alot of people
don't know that bullets, " " and so on do NOT show up in HTML. Therefore, we
sometimes get strange problems (such as pages not showing up right, or faxes
going out with escaped characters instead of the actual character) when a
client does this. I would like for a way to either convert those few
characters that do this, or remove them all together from a string being
submitted.

Thanks.