[xsl] position of first empty element which is child of nodes p...

Subject: [xsl] position of first empty element which is child of nodes p...
From: "Brennan OShea" <Brennan.OShea@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:59 -0600
Subject: position of first empty element which is child of nodes processed by
"for-each"

I have the following XML:

<TRANSACTION>
        <Entry Index="1">
                <BdId>487</BdId>
        </Entry>
        <Entry Index="2">
                <BdId>798</BdId>
        </Entry>
        <Entry Index="3">
                <BdId/>
        </Entry>
        <Entry Index="4">
                <BdId/>
        </Entry>
        <Entry Index="5">
                <BdId/>
        </Entry>
</TRANSACTION>

and the following XSL:

<xsl:variable name="Num">
        <xsl:for-each select="TRANSACTION/Entry">
                <xsl:choose>
                        <xsl:when test="string-length(./BdId) = 0">
                                <xsl:value-of select="position()"/>
                        </xsl:when>
                </xsl:choose>
        </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

And I want to be able to get the position of the first empty "<BdId>" element --
("3" in the XML above).   In the XSL above "Num" is set to "345" since I cannot
break out of the for-each loop when the empty <BdId> is encountered.  I saw a
way to do this on the FAQ when what is being tested is an "attribute" of what is
being iterated through but not a child.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brennan