Re: Stylesheet portability (Long) (Was: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments)

Subject: Re: Stylesheet portability (Long) (Was: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:50:09 GMT
> I find that absurd!

well no different to my usual ramblings then.

But I think you misunderstood my remark. I was just trying to provoke a
resonse as to what people meant by "portable" (because I didn't know
what they meant and suspected they meant different things)

I was giving an example of a possible meaning of "portable" as meaning
portable between current implementations. Which for me today on the
implemetations I have on this machine imples not using keys.
when I said _for me_ portable means that I meant that for me (only)
that would be a consequence of that definition of portable.

I wasn't trying to suggest that people shouldn't use keys. I use them
myself whenever necessary (and then just don't use xt)

David