RE: [xsl] To what extent can sorting be done?

Subject: RE: [xsl] To what extent can sorting be done?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:16:26 -0000
This is a common requirement and it can usually be met by writing

<xsl:sort select="*[name()=$p]"/>

where $p is a parameter.

In more elaborate cases it requires the evaluate() function, which
constructs an XPath expression as a string: this is now available in a
number of processors including Saxon, Xalan, 4XSLT, and probably others.

Mike Kay