[xsl] Common Extension Process (was: Re: Designs for XSLT functions)

Subject: [xsl] Common Extension Process (was: Re: Designs for XSLT functions)
From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:48:14 -0700
> > I hope that I and my fellow implementors who are interested
> > in these ideas can
> > all agree on a single NSRef for this set of extensions.  I have the
> > opentechnology.org domain available.  If this is amenable,  how about
> >
> > xmlns.opentechnology.org/common-xslt-extensions
>
> How about xmlns.opentechnology.org/xslt-extensions/common
> to allow other groups such as /sql, /grouping, etc?

OK.

> But the namespace isn't important, it's the process for deciding how things
> get into it.

Agreed.

> The process can be very lightweight, but it needs to exist. My
> preferred option would be to have the decision controlled by a
> vendor-neutral referee whom everyone trusts. Any volunteers, Jeni?

Agreed, and Jeni would be a slam-dunk IMO if she volunteers.

If we decide to start such discussion, do we do so on this list, or do we want
to branch into an XSLT-DEV list?  If the latter, I suggest Sourceforge, or I
could host the list (but I don't want to seem like I'm trying to take things
over).  If we stay on this list, we should probably tag the posts with
[EXT-DEV] or something like that so we can be distinguished from the "how do I
group while I sort" question of the day.

uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               +1 303 583 9900 x 101