[xsl] could someone tell me if this makes sense

Subject: [xsl] could someone tell me if this makes sense
From: Michael Case <mecase@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:06:39 -0800
Hi,

I have two simple (I hope) questions.  The following xslt works (i.e.
does what I want) using testXSLT of XALAN 1.0 (C++ version).  The first
question I have is about the xsl:text and the way I use it in the
snippet below.  i.e. to just put the spaces and lf where i want them.

Does this snippet conform to all existing standards?  If I sent the
whole thing to someone using another xsml/xslt processor, would they get
the same results.  I ask this because of things I have read on the list
regarding whitespace, plain text, etc.

This is my second attempt at making an XSL transform, and I'm not sure
if I'm violating any major principles or the standard in trying to
extract plain text (not tagged at all) from an XML document.

The second question is about repeated attributes.  I chose to make the
opts attributes because I wanted them to come out on one line and I
couln't get it to do so as an element.  After looking at what I was
doing, there was really no need for the opts to be an element anyway (as
far as I can tell right now from what I'm trying to accomplish).  Is
there a simple Xpath wildcard way to say I want all opt* to come out
here?

So, here is the stuff:

want:

<do id1="3" id2="fred" opt1="-3" opt2="1"
opt3="qzyvx"><comment>blah</comment>
<comment>blah too</comment>

to come out

some form of text here: 3 fred -3 1 qzyvx blah
blah too

<xsl:stylesheet
   xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/strict"; version="1.0">

<xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes" method="text"/>
<xsl:preserve-space elements="*"/>
<xsl:template match="do">
<xsl:text>
</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>some form of text here:</xsl:text>
<xsl:value-of select="@id1"/>
<xsl:text> </xsl:text>
<xsl:value-of select="@id2"/>
<xsl:text> </xsl:text>