[xsl] [exsl] Draft 0.1 - call for comments

Subject: [xsl] [exsl] Draft 0.1 - call for comments
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:09:30 +0000
Hi,

I've put together a draft document that summarises our recent
discussions on user-defined extension functions written in XSLT at:

  http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/exsl.html

Comments on it should be sent here, to XSL-List with [exsl] at the
start of the subject line.

The main part of the document specifies the extension elements and
functions (viz exsl:function, exsl:return and exsl:node-set()) that
we've been talking about. Several outstanding issues are highlighted,
but comments on other areas are welcome. It would be particularly
helpful to hear from implementers.

Appendix B gives loads of use cases of functions that could be
implemented under this scheme, many of them borrowed from Saxon, which
demonstrate the strengths (and weaknesses) of the scheme described in
the document. If you have more use cases, then please let us know
about them and, preferably, their solution.

I'm not sure how long would be an adequate review period - one week?
two? longer? Maybe it's best to wait and see how much discussion there
is.

Cheers,

Jeni
---