FW: [xsl] Embedded Javascript (xsl:script issue)

Subject: FW: [xsl] Embedded Javascript (xsl:script issue)
From: Zeynep Gunal <z.gunal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:58:49 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Zeynep Gunal
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 12:41 PM
Ooops, I hit the return button and I did not realise it was being sent to
Jeni's private e-mail address.

Zeynep

To: 'Jeni Tennison'
Subject: RE: [xsl] Embedded Javascript (xsl:script issue)

Jeni, thanks a million!

I downloaded bsf.jar and js.jar, incorporated the lxslt:component and
lxslt:script, and it's OK now.

I had had my doubts that XSLT1.1 would work, but I had tried it with
msxsl:script, same result. The problem is that I am a beginner too, I have
just started using extensions.

> Have you looked at using generate-id() to generate unique IDs?

It was the first thing have looked at. My understanding is that
generate-id() returns a string like 'N1', 'N2', using the nodes and their
sequence in the XSL sheet. When the same XSLT is used to translate similar
XML messages, and write them to a file, generate-id() does not do the job.

> By the way, why are you doing:

>>   <xsl:text disable-output-escaping='yes'>&lt;XID&gt;</xsl:text>

Well, I had borrowed this line from another XSLT sheet, and I was told it
should be like that. But <XID /> is doing the same, so I'll change it.
Thanks for the hint.

Cheers,

Zeynep